Re: [Evolution] Compose plain text emails that render well on MS Outlook

For most text paragraphs this looks acceptable, but some kinds of text,
such as mail signatures, look pretty bad.  Is there anything I can do
from Evolution side to attenuate the problem?  For example, is it
possible to configure Evolution to use HTML for the signature only,
while sending plain text for all else?  Any other workaround?

The signature forms part of the text, it's not a different section of
the email, so it follows the same format as the email (or MIME part).
I don't think Outlook even acknowledges the existence of the '--<sp>'
sig separator.

If your work requires you to use HTML emails, then I suspect it's a
battle not worth fighting. However when you use HTML, Evolution
surrounds the sig with <pre> </pre> to try and maintain it's integrity
and that seems to work OK for me.  Perhaps you just need to adjust your
sig so that it looks OK after Outlook has done things to it.

P.