Re: [Evolution] Potential Issue casued by Update

On Tue, 2022-08-23 at 08:56 -0500, Michael Kenny via evolution-list
wrote:
when I click on that MailTo link it just sits there and does nothing.

        Hi,
try to run both the Evolution and the Chrome from a terminal, to see
whether it prints anything there. For the Flatpak Evolution you might
close it first and then run it, to make sure a new process is executed,
aka like this:

   $ flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution
   $ flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

Do you know what version of Evolution had been installed before the
update? It's possible to "roll back" to the previous versions on the
Flathub.org, if needed. I do not recall any specific change in the
Evolution itself in the URI handling in the whole 3.44.x series, thus
it can be something else, especially if the other apps can execute the
mailto: URIs properly. Maybe also from the command line:

   $ xdg-open mailto:user@no.where

Maybe the Chrome encodes the link somehow, which prevents Evolution to
decode it, which may or may not be visible on the Evolution's console
in a form of a runtime warning.

I do not know how Chrome, I do not use it, but at least Firefox has
Edit->Settings->Applications and when I search there for the "mailto"
(quotes for clarity only), then it lets me choose the app to use, with
indicated default, which is (possibly) taken from the system.

        Bye,
        Milan