Re: [Evolution] Combining Contact Lists

On Tue, 2022-08-09 at 16:31 +0200, Andre Klapper via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2022-08-09 at 07:15 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
I have two contact lists, which are very similar but not quite the
same. What's the best way to combine them?

Please see https://xyproblem.info/ . Which problem would that solve?

A very good question. For a long time I had a unified list of contacts, maintained by Google, which was available both to my cell phone and to evolution. Then Google changed its login procedure so that evolution was no longer able to access Google's list, and changes made to evolution's list were no longer reflected on Google's list, and vice versa. Now (thanks to some help from Milan C.) Google's list is available to evolution, which sees it as a new list.

So the question is how to create a list (possibly an existing one) that incorporates the entries made in evolution's and Google's lists.
--
Sincerely Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh pacbell net>

	Rich or poor, it's good to have money.