Re: [Evolution] Combining Contact Lists

On Tue, 2022-08-09 at 22:20 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Caution: External email
On Tue, 2022-08-09 at 16:31 +0200, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
On Tue, 2022-08-09 at 07:15 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
I have two contact lists, which are very similar but not quite
the
same. What's the best way to combine them?

Just a comment:  Looks to me like a frequent problem programmers
have with different versions of code.  Only answer is a human has
to look at it--when there is a difference, which version to keep
is a question a program cannot answer.  So I would look at tools
that put the files to be merged in adjacent screens with
differences highlighted.  Oh, these are not text files?  Maybe
you need to script something up to do this then, or reformat
them for the standard tools.
George Reeke