Re: [Evolution] Combining Contact Lists

Dnia  9.08.2022 o godz. 22:20:24 Jonathan Ryshpan pisze:
A very good question. For a long time I had a unified list of contacts,
maintained by Google, which was available both to my cell phone and to
evolution. Then Google changed its login procedure so that evolution was
no longer able to access Google's list, and changes made to evolution's
list were no longer reflected on Google's list, and vice versa. Now
(thanks to some help from Milan C.) Google's list is available to
evolution, which sees it as a new list.

So the question is how to create a list (possibly an existing one) that
incorporates the entries made in evolution's and Google's lists.

I never had the need to use contact list in any email client app (I either
just know the addresses of people I'm corresponding with and enter them
manually, or I reply to emails that I received so I don't have to enter any
addresses), so I'm just speculating - but is there an option of
exporting/importing the contact list to/from CSV format?

If yes, I would export both lists to CSV, merge them using "meld" or a
similar program and import the merged list back.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa