Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.44.0-1 not showing message contents

On Fri, 2022-04-08 at 07:18 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2022-04-07 at 20:23 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
I just set up another PC and OS (Ubuntu 22.04) installed Evolution
3.44.0-1.  It loads the email from my various IMAP accounts but will
not show message contents.  Moreover, it will not let me insert text
in a new email message.

        Hi,
it depends. Could you run Evolution from a terminal and see whether it
prints any runtime warning there, please? I suppose you see an error
message in the Evolution GUI too, you only did not provide it here for
some reason; maybe?

Both parts you name are using WebKitGTK, thus the problem is likely
with it.

I guess, and only guess, what you see is related to the recent threads:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2022-March/msg00096.html
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2022-March/msg00042.html

You can also try to run Evolution from a terminal as:

   $ WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1 evolution

to see whether it'll help with anything.
        Bye,
        Milan

Hello Milan.  Thank you for your help.  Your suggestion worked.

There were no error messages associated with the problem I reported yesterday.

John