[Evolution] Evolution 3.44.0-1 not showing message contents

I just set up another PC and OS (Ubuntu 22.04) installed Evolution 3.44.0-1.  It loads the email from my various IMAP accounts but will not show message contents.  Moreover, it will not let me insert text in a new email message.

All related Evolution preferences are the same as they are on version I am using (3.40.4-1ubuntu2 ) to compose this message.

Is this a known problem?

Thank you,

John