Re: [Evolution] Version 3.38.3-1 keeps asking for passwords

On Mon, 2021-10-25 at 13:40 -0700, Van Snyder wrote:
Evolution version 3.38.3-1 on Debian Buster 10 keeps asking for passwords.

It produces a indown that asks for a password. When I enter the password, the window disappears, as though it is accepted, and then reappears after about ten seconds. If I cancel it, the behavior is as if the password was accepted.

Why does it keep asking for the password when everything works?

Is this corrected in a version that is newer than what Debian is distributing (3.38.3-1)?

There appear to have been two problems.

One is that AT&T occasionally decides that my secure e-mail key no longer works, and I need to get a new one. This is because AT&T doesn't use OAth2 on their web access, but does use it with clients such as Evolution and Thunderbird.

I still have another problem.

When trying to read gmail accounts, evolution puts up a window that says "Login to your google account and accept conditions in order to access your account "gmail"  (or any of my other gmail accounts), and "OAuth2 secret not found". It briefly has a URL in it for something having to do accounts.google.com/oath2/..., Eventually, it becomes a "Sign in with google"  window in which nothing works -- and the URL disappears too quickly so I can't go there on my own. In particular, the "Next" button does not work. Any keystroke, or any click anywere else, turns the window back to blank, without even a URL.

Eventually, I was able to triple-click in the URL window fast enough to capture the entirety before it disappeared. This took me to a google window with an "allow" button for evolution. Now I can read my gmail account. Google gives me a window with "Please copy this code, switch to your application and paste it there:" but I have no idea where to paste that into Evolution. I still get the "OAuth2 secret not found" every time I switch to a gmail account. Whenever evolution refreshes (I think my settings say ten minutes) it puts up that window for every gmail account, and puts "Failed to connect..." panels at the top:

I'm using Evolution 3.38.3-1 on Debian Buster 10 with KDE.

My account is van snyder sbcglobal net, but I had to send it from my wife's account because AT&T also decided smtp no longer works. I'm trying to find out how to get a new smtp password from AT&T.