Re: [Evolution] Take Evolution offline from a bash script?

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 15:57:17 -0600, larry wrote:
On Sat, 2021-10-16 at 22:39 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
$ man evolution
       --force-shutdown
              Forcibly shut down Evolution and background Evolution-
Data-Server processes.

Uh.. right.

Hence:
"while [snip]

Hi,

Patrick's reply is the "translation" of my words "might not kill all
Evolution related processes" ;).

The Evolution "--help" I quoted isn't that detailed, but my explanation
related to kill signals included the pitfall of the default signal 15,
let alone a signal 9, that not all evolution related processes are
"closed" by terminating (as well as sledgehammer killing) "evolution"
only.

Regards,
Ralf