Re: [Evolution] Take Evolution offline from a bash script?

On Sat, 2021-10-16 at 22:39 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
What is speaking against
$ evolution --help | grep shutdown
  --force-shutdown              Forcibly shut down Evolution
?
Apparently, nothing. I was unaware of the option. I am relatively
new to Linux, and while I definitely know about thngs like --help
and man pages, I did not think to try them, as Evolution comes with
its own help file, and I saw nothing in it to indicate forced
shutdown as a possibility.
$ man evolution
       --force-shutdown
              Forcibly shut down Evolution and background Evolution-
Data-Server processes.

Uh.. right.

Hence:
"while I definitely know about things like --help and man pages, I did