Re: [Evolution] contacts - People API vs. Contacts API

Am Mittwoch, dem 24.11.2021 um 08:55 +0100 schrieb Milan Crha via
evolution-list:
        Hi,

evolution(-data-server) used libgdata to access Google Contacts. The

libgdata does not support the People API, thus the Google contacts
are

shown using the CardDAV interface the Google offers. That's built-in

sync 3.42.0 of the evolution-data-server. Unfortunately, the CardDAV

API is not that feature rich as the Contacts API.

Just was asking because sometimes I get this when starting:

Ungültige Anfrageadresse oder -kopfzeile, oder nicht unterstützter Nicht-Standardparameter: Contacts API is
being deprecated.
Migrate to People API to retain programmatic access to Google Contacts. See
https://developers.google.com/people/contacts-api-migration.

using my (dated) evolution 3.36.5-0ubuntu1

I'll try that CardDAV variant.

kind regards

Torsten