Re: [Evolution] contacts - People API vs. Contacts API

On Wed, 2021-11-24 at 18:16 +0000, David Charlton wrote:
Evolution/Google have been complaining for sometime about the
contacts versus people api used in evolution saying contact api is
depricated.

Are you confusing CalDAV (CardDAV) and Contact API?

 Google now say it is "sunsetted" post June 2021 i.e. not saupported
 so I am not sure how it keeps working??  See
https://developers.google.com/contacts/v3/announcement
Looking at libgdata there is some activity but it doesn't seem a
hugely supported library and no talk of moving to people api that I
can see.

If it uses CalDAV and works then I wouldn't expect a lot of activity.

WebDAV/CalDAV/CardDAV are standards, not some proprietary pile of slop
like some vendor's API.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc4791

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>