Re: [Evolution] 3.36.5-0ubuntu1

On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 15:12 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 01:15 +0000, ronbillock via evolution-list
wrote:
I am pretty new to Ubuntu and VERY new to Evolution. I have been
struggling to get Evolution to sync with NextCloud. Currently the
specific error I am getting deals with adding or deleting. Error
adding contact - Cannot add contact: SQLite error code '8':attempt
to write to a read only database. I get the same error when I try
to delete a contact. Please help.

You need to check the ownership and permissions on the database
files.
I think in your version they should be in

   ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook

        Hi,
this is for the local books, but the Nextcloud is a remote book, which
saves its data under ~/.cache/evolution/addressbook/.

I recall seeing such error when the cache files had been deleted while
the evolution-data-server processes were still running, with the now
deleted files being opened by the process. A fix is to restart the
background processes. You can do it with `evolution --force-shutdown`
or simply by restarting the machine.
        Bye,
        Milan