Re: [Evolution] Using EteSync in Evolution 3.40.0-1 (Ubuntu 21.04)

On Sat, 2021-05-15 at 16:54 +0200, Moritz Heil wrote:
I remember Evolution was said to support EteSync since 3.38.

        Hi,
it's the other way around. The evolution-etesync can be built for
Evolution version 3.38 and later.

Do I miss something in Evolution or should I contact the evolution-
etesymc dev?

You simply install the plugin/module package, in this case
evolution-etesync, and if everything is fine it's all. To add your
EteSync account go to Edit->Accounts->Add->Collection Account and left
it lookup for the EteSync account for you (you should see a checkbox
for it there).

It's sometimes required to restart the background evolution-data-server
processes (and Evolution itself) to have the newly installed plugins
loaded, which can be done with: evolution --force-shutdown , but I do
not expect it being the problem.
        Bye,
        Milan