[Evolution] Evolution resolves MLs to to, instead of using ML-address - compliance/privacy issue

Hi,

I hope I can explain our problem, so you guys can understand what our
problem is. Don't hesitate to ask, or correct me.

We have Linux-Clients (Fed33) with Evolution 3.38.4 ((3.38.4-1.fc33))
working against an Exchange Mailserver. We do have a lot of cases,
where let's say, someone writes an mail to "mailinglist company com".

So here is the issue: If the user writes the full address, everything
works ok. The mail has "to/from: mailinglist company com" for sender
and receipient. Mail-Filters work and nobody knows who is subscribed to
the list.

But evolution does some kind of usability and gives autocomplete to the
user. The user then sees "mailinglist <some user company com <Name>>"
when they write their mail. If the user then presses enter the to: just
shows an "mailinglist". When they send this mail, the mailinglist gets
resolved to all people subscribed to the list, when sended.

Every recipient of the mail (subscriber to the mailinglist) then sees
everyone else (every subscriber) when they receive the mail. I foresee
a privacy compliance issue on the horizon.

We figured out that it may have something to do with the vcard3 format
of the evolution data server.

We don't have this issue with OWA and mutt users. Is there a way to
avoid this with evolution?

I would be fine if there would be no autocomplete and users would have
to write down the full mail address.
We do have a lot of non-technical users which won't understand if we
tell them how to address mailinglists the evolution-way (write the full
addresses).

Thanks in advance

/Sebastian