Re: [Evolution] Storing messages

Dear Madam,

On Wed, 2021-03-17 at 22:23 +0100, Tor Harald Thorland via evolution-
list wrote:
Dear Sirs,

I have tried to figure out a way to save mails in a file or other
similar to pst files.

This to be able to save a bunch of old mails in an archive which I
can put on my nas.

I'm worried about an XY problem... You could define an Archive folder
in Evo; see "Help ▸ Contents ▸ Mail Management ▸ Account Management ▸
some account type ▸ Defaults ▸ Mail folder locations". You could then
probably softlink the corresponding local folder to your NAS location
though I don't know how Evo behaves if that location cannot be reached.

Why would you want to manually save mail, in order to move old mail?

As far as I can see it is only mbox which requires more or less an
export / import process instead of just opening a file.

Indeed, Evolution is not a standalone single email message viewer tool
to view messages stored in random external places.

It also seems like the export mbox is saving a folder or bunch of
mails, not visually like an own mail account which you will get when
opening / closing a pst.

Where to visually see an own account after which exact steps?
Do you maybe describe some Outlook behavior or such?

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net