Re: [Evolution] Calendar list changes?

On Mon, 2021-06-07 at 17:56 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Mon, 2021-06-07 at 16:38 +0100, Steve T via evolution-list wrote:
So the list isn't a 'reminder' of future events - more a data check
list?

        Hi,
yes, that's correct. You can see all your events in the calendar.

But even then to verify events in any month I'd have to go back to
day 1 (in my case 2003) and go through each year to build a picture
of a month - is that right?

Correct.

Can I ask what people would use the list view for now?

Check the bug report I referenced earlier. There is the use case.

My understanding is: people want to see what they have defined in the
calendar and eventually cleanup or anything like that the events from
there. There was no such place for it in the past.

That's not meant as a criticism in anyway, just that I may be missing
something that I hadn't thought of using!

That's okay, I just removed functionality you've been used to. Such
things hurt (I know that, it happened to me too in the past, with other
projects).

What is the biggest problem of the Month View for you that you do not
use it, please? do you have many events per day, thus they all are not
visible in the day rectangle?

        Bye,
        Milan

No real problem with the month view at all Milan. It's all habit isn't it? - I've been using Evolution (brilliant product by the way - thank you) for years...decades...and I like lists more than a block view (my file manager I use as lists etc) - so it's just that that is how I viewed 'stuff'. No issue for me to switch.

Can I ask though (as because of this I have been playing with the calendar views!) - what then is the sorted view if not the list view in sheep's clothing? I can customise the sorted view and add the type - which then seems to be the 'new' list view. Is the sorted view also then new?

Regards,
Steve T