Re: [Evolution] Junk removal is too efficient

On Sun, 2021-07-04 at 17:52 +0800, JPM wrote:
Yes they are POP accounts

        Hi,
the POP accounts are fully managed locally, which means something
decided the message is junk. Being it an IMAP account, I faced similar
problem with a GMX server, which didn't want to unset the Junk flag on
the message for some reason, which resulted in constant move between
the real Junk folder and the Inbox (after marking the message as not-
junk). This is addressed with a change on the evolution-data-server
side for the upcoming 3.40.3 release. I doubt it'll touch the POP
account (the messages under On This Computer).

You can try to run evolution from a terminal with some debugging on, to
see what marks the message as junk. The command is:

   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=junk,filters evolution

Check the output of it, for cases when you mark the message as not junk
and when it returns back to the On This Computer/Junk folder.

The spam detection software should be trained too, to know which the
bad messages are and which not. I agree it's weird to see every message
being classified as junk.
        Bye,
        Milan