[Evolution] Contacts not showing up

Hello,

I'm running Ev 3.30.5-1.1 on MX Linux (Debian Buster). I just found that most of my contacts are not showing in the program. They show as empty lines in List View, and the vertical scroll thumb is small, indicating the blank lines are being counted in the 270 contacts this address book says it has (only about 30 addresses actually show). And addresses from this list that don't show also do not auto-populate when addressing new mail.

This is a local address book I created with Ev and imported gmail contacts to. Everything showed fine yesterday, when I deleted maybe 30 unwanted addresses from it.

Closing/reopening Ev did not help.

I would delete this address book and start over with a new one, but I don't even see how to do that.

Paul