Re: [Evolution] Safe to delete .debris folder? Y/N?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Klapper via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Safe to delete .debris folder? Y/N?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 19:29:35 +0100

On Sat, 2021-02-20 at 14:23 +0000, Andy Proctor wrote:
I have been doing some routine housekeeping and notice that the
Evolution subfolder called .debris contains lots (thousands) of files
(totals over 300MB). Am I safe to delete this folder and what is its
purpose? (It doesnt seem to be the trash as I empty that on close.

Evolution itself has no default subfolder called ".debris".

Hard to guess more what that is without info about that subfolder's
exact location, Evolution version, accounts configured, etc.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |
ak-47 gmx net

https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Thanks Andre,

The location is /home/.local/share/evolution/.debris
Version number is 3.36.4-0ubuntu1
Only one email account configured, no contacts, tasks or memos, calendar is linked to a google calendar.

The folder contains lots of subfolders, many for each day, looking to correspond with an exit from the programme.

Thanks
Andy