Re: [Evolution] Cannot connect to Evolution with Google

Hi Daniel,

Are you able to ping the address "www.googleapis.com" (open a terminal, type the command "ping www.googleapis.com"). That will tell you if there is any name resolution issues on your end or not. https://www.googleapis.com initially did not respond when I tried it in my browser, but http:// did work (though only giving a "not found" text on the page (different to a 404). The https version now gives the same response, so I wonder if they had an outage?

In thunderbird on this machine the URL being used is "oauth://accounts.google.com (https://mail.google.com/)" - I don't know if Evolution will manage that or not. I cannot see where to find that URL in Evolution.

Can I ask you to check the settings for the mail account in Evolution? For my gmail account there I have

Receiving email :
Server : imap.gmail.com port 993
username : my email address
Encryption : TLS on a dedicated port
Authentication OAuth2 (Google)

Sending email :
Server : smtp.gmail.com port 465
Encryption : TLS on a dedicated port
Authentication OAuth2 (Google)

I believe Evolution should get these settings automatically, but there could be a glitch somewhere causing something to be off.

As at the start, I'd check that you can reach the googleapis URL first, as a firewall glitch or other issue may be stopping that.

I hope this is of some use,
KR