[Evolution] Transfer Evolution data

Hi,

I currently use Evolution 3.10.4 on Linux Mint-cinnamon 17.3. I want to
transfer the data file (emails, contacts, calendar) to a new computer
running Manjaro-cinnamon 20.2 with Evolution 3.38.3-1
Last time I tried to import a data file, I ended up with a mess! so this
time I want to do it right. From what I read, the best option would be
to make a backup of the existing data file (Evolution 3.10.4) and
restore it on the new install of Evolution (version 3.38.3-1), do you
agree? or would you suggest an other way?

More information: The currently running version (3.10.4) has 5 email
accounts from 3 domains, all going into the one and only 'Inbox' (with
lots of folders and sub-folders, etc...).
The new install version (3.38.3-1) has not been used yet, so has no
accounts, I can't be sure but I don't think I even opened it.

What's the best way to proceed?
Do I create the accounts first, then restore the data file?
Or do I restore the data file first and then setup the accounts?

Thanks
--
Cheers,
JP