Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 16:41:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Max Pyziur <pyz brama com>
To: users lists fedoraproject org
Subject: Seeking advice - Considering move to Google Contacts or something
    similar

Greetings,

I recently was required to upgrade my current phone (Samsung S7) to a new phone
(Samsung S52) since the one I've had wasn't 5G compatible. The service is
T-Mobile.

I've relied on using MemoToo's cloud service to sync my addressbook and calendar
managed by Evolution on my primary computer, and then to sync my phone's
contacts from MemoToo.

MemoToo provided an app, and everything worked reliably on my S7 for several
years.

In porting to the A52, the MemoToo can be installed, the contacts and
addressbook can downloaded, but they are not visible to the A52 contacts and
calendar apps. Reviewing the MemoToo forums, this seems to be a problem shared
by many MemoToo users. The S7 is still on Android 8.x while the A52 is uusing
Android 11. This could be the source of the issue, or it could be something
else.

Requesting clarification from MemoToo as to whether this issue will be addressed
results in no response.

I've also approached the SyncEvolution community. There was some advice and some
alternative apps suggested, but so far, I haven't been able to make anything
work.

So, I'm looking for advice on how to proceed from the Fedora community.
 - What services are available to sync to Evolution and then to the A52, if at
all?
 - Or is syncing Evolution to Google Contacts and Calendar is satisfactory?
 -- if the latter, is there guidance on setting this up?

Much thanks,

Max Pyziur
pyz brama com