[Evolution] MS Graph support, EWS API deprecation notice

Hi all,

the following was originally posted at [1], but I was redirected to
that list, so hopefully this is now the right place to ask ;-)

Microsoft announced some deprecation warnings regarding the EWS API in
October. See [3] for details.

It would be interesting to know if evolution-ews uses any of the APIs
that will no longer be available in March 2022. Do we have to expect
any failures? There is also an evolution-ews gitlab issue for that
topic located at [2].

It seems that MS Graph API is the future for getting access to mails
and calendars of O365 accounts. Are there any plans to support the MS
Graph API within Gnome Evolution?

I would assume that another Evolution plugin would be necessary. Mainly
replacing evolution-ews by something named evolution-graph. Is that
right? Does such a plugin already exist somewhere?

Best regards,
Florian

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1727
[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/-/issues/173