Re: [Evolution] Error Downloading new messages for offline mode: Cannot get message with ID 4485. No such message

On Tue, 2020-09-22 at 23:18 -0500, BC via evolution-list wrote:

your reply style is very confusing. Just saying.

OK, I had my email provider reset my account. That didn't work.

I do not know what that means on their side, hopefully nothing
destructive.

I deleted the account-uid and it created new ones and that didn't
work.  I'm using MX linux.  I looked for an updated version of
Evolution in package manager and didn't find one.

Right, not every distribution provides up-to-date versions of the
applications. It's sometimes for good, sometimes not.

Any other suggestions of how to rid myself of this nuisance error?

The only thing I can think of to suggest is to give a try to a newer
version provided by other means than your package manager. The Flatpak
version comes on mind. It has its limitations (search this archive),
but it also gives you a chance to test/use the latest stable version
without influencing your system (because it runs in a sandbox). I
suggest to use the Flathub [1] version. Here [2] is how to setup
Flatpak.

Alternatively, you can build the Flatpak version yourself [3].
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Evolution
[2] https://flatpak.org/setup/