[Evolution] Error Downloading new messages for offline mode: Cannot get message with ID 4485. No such message

On Wed, 2020-09-02 at 09:04 -0500, BC via evolution-list wrote:
I deleted an email at some point a couple months ago and since then I
get this error message. Is there a way to resolve this?

        Hi,
it sounds known/familiar, maybe it's fixed in more recent version (it
seems you've 3.30.5, which is rather ancient, there will be released
3.38.0 in two weeks).

One way to force refresh of your IMAP account is to close evolution and
delete corresponding ~/.cache/evolution/mail/<account-uid>/, though the
down side is that it downloads all the information about the account
again, which can take bandwidth and time when the account is large.

Also, if you use QuickResync, then I suggest to disable it in the
account Properties->Receiving Options tab. It has some issues.
        Bye,
        Milan

OK, I had my email provider reset my account.  That didn't work.  I deleted the
account-uid and it created new ones and that didn't work.  I'm using MX linux.
I looked for an updated version of Evolution in package manager and didn't
find one.

Any other suggestions of how to rid myself of this nuisance error?
--

Barry