Re: [Evolution] stuck with ubuntu20

On 2020-09-14 at 16:41 +0200, Herr Oswald wrote:
Hello,

thanks to everybody, esp. Max. In fact, I noticed that there no
longer
was a prompt to unlock the keyring. I disabled auto-login and voilà -
evo is back at service.

I'll see how I get along with auto-login next days.
At the moment I have my evo back, which really is important to me!

Cheers,
Wolf

That explains it. When you autologin your keyring [named 'login'] was
not being unlocked automatically, so your keys were not available. (It
seems a bug that when evolution tried to use it it didn't ask you to
unlock it, imho). With auto-login enabled, you can probably open
seahorse and manually unlock the keyring before launching evolution.
This still doesn't ley evolution open automatically, but it's a step.
You might want to change the keyring password to the empty string.
Maybe that way it is possble to use its contents without providing a
password.

Oh, and obviously, make a copy of the keyring before start changing
configurations. You may end up with a locked keyring that you are
unable to unlock.

Regards