Re: [Evolution] Evolution lost its config - Import from backup fails - copying over directories fails

BUT

When I start Evolution again from the Gnome Applications Menu it starts up with the setup assistent
and all previously imported accounts are gone. I quit this instance from gnome and start it again
from console and everything is fine again...

So what is the difference?

I opend the Main Menu Editor and looked at the launcher entry for Evolution and the app is started
by the following command:

/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=evolution --file-forwarding
org.gnome.Evolution @@u %U @@

Yes, the flatpack version runs in a sandbox so won't be configured. You
must have installed the flatpack version at some point recently.  It's
definitely NOT needed on Fedora since that comes with the most recent
version.

If I do the same on my private laptop the start command for Evolution looks like this

evolution %U

I dont know why there is this difference between my fedora 32 instances, but after changing my work
laptop to "evolution %U" all was fine again.

I think you probably need to look to see where the flatpack version
came from.

P.