Re: [Evolution] Gmail login blocked now

On Mon, 2020-08-31 at 20:03 +0200, Charles IRONS via evolution-list
wrote:
Gmail says "Evolution is a less secure application"

So I have to change my Fetching email Authentication type to Password
from OAUTH2 (google) every morning and my Sending mail type to Plain.
How can I avoid this please?

        Hi,
how did you configure your Gmail account, please? I have it configured
directly in Evolution and it doesn't claim any such thing (using OAuth2
and IMAP).

There are multiple keys and I guess your ancient Ubuntu uses some of
the old (read as obsolete) keys. Not every key had been verified, when
Google requested to do it few months ago, thus some of them can stop
working.

The best for you would be to update to more recent distribution, not
only because of Evolution, but also because of all the fixes you can
get with it for the whole distribution.
        Bye,
        Milan