Re: [Evolution] Evolution issue or Flatpak issue

On Fri, 2020-10-30 at 07:43 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 16:46 -0500, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
Evolution crashed ( it happens every so often).  So I killed the
flatpak remnants and rebuilt the the environment, as I do everytime
it crashes.

        Hi,
I hope you do not mean to rebuild the project, aka running the
flatpak-builder, because that won't help. More helpful would be to
get
a backtrace of the crash, to see where it crashed and why, but it's
tricky. You might find some information about how to do that on the
Flatpak site. I'd like to know why it crashes, thus it can be
eventually fixed.

Failures are usually certificate validation failures.. the next time I have one
happen, I'll
provide it.

(evolution-source-registry:14): e-backend-WARNING **: 16:31:13.557:
Failed to move
'/home/mhm/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution/cache/evolution/mail/fd637c
d8
a03e065bf4072184cc79851443947c26': Error moving file
/home/mhm/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution/cache/evolution/mail/fd637cd
8a
03e065bf4072184cc79851443947c26: File exists

This is 1 of the 4 error messages in its entirety. All 4 messages are
identical minus the last element of the path.

If I rad this correctly, then the paths exactly match. I'd hope the
error message will show: "moving file A to B failed: error message",
where 'A' and 'B' are two different paths.

I made the mistake of asssuming that the
fd637cd8a03e065bf4072184cc79851443947c26 part was a file. In reality,
all 4 instances are the last element in the path are empty directories.

You are right that these come from the Evolution (or better from the
evolution-data-server), not from the Flatpak. I guess, and only
guess,
there also exists:

/home/mhm/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution/cache/evolution/mail/trash/fd6
37cd8a03e065bf4072184cc79851443947c26

It can be that the source registry tries to restore the account data
from the trash, but the account data directory already exists. That
probably happened due to the crashes you face. I would compare the
content of the two folders and delete one of them (when Evolution and
all of its processes are off). The error should be gone after it. Or
simply remove all the directories in the trash path, that will help
too.

Ok. I'll investigate that possibility.

Thanks