Re: [Evolution] Email look ups ..

On Fri, 2020-10-30 at 07:46 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 17:47 -0500, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
Attempting to auto config just results in an infinite hang.

        Hi,
could you be more specific what you do, where and how, please? Also,
what do you mean by the "infinite hang", please?

Fresh install of flatpak version of Evolution, the dialog comes up asking
to import Evolution backup or go into account configuration. Going into manual
configuration there is the option to allow Evolution to look up the correct
configuration options. So after entering a G-Suite email address, Evolution
tries to look up inbound and outbound servers.  At this point, Evolution
starts the lookup process, as indicated by a dialog screen with the Gnome foot
icon with the wiggling toes.

For me, it will sit in that state until I click the skip lookup button.  For
regular gmail accounts and office365 accounts, it comes back almost immediately
with the appropriate configurations for the service in question

There are two ways how to execute "autoconfig" and those are not
exactly the same, even they share some part of the code.
        Bye,
        Milan