[Evolution] Recommendation to get off of Yahoo, AT&T, etc. email

You wrote:
Any ideas?

I recommend getting your own domain name with a hoster that can host your email so that you're not relying on some forwarding convenience that can go away, and so that you can move your email service as needed without ever having to tell others what your new email address is (because it won't change).

Dreamhost.com has good services, hosts email accessible via IMAP/SMTP over an encrypted connection, and is also a domain registrar. I don't work for them but I've used their services (including using Dreamhost-hosted email accounts via IMAP/SMTP using Evolution).