[Evolution] Error message when selecting the checkbox for a Calendar on the computer - "Message recipient disconnected from message bus without replying"

Evolution version 3.38.1

Evolution being run on Linux Distro Elementary OS 5.1.7 Hera, Built on
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, Linux 5.4.0-53-generic, GTK 3.22.30.

All software updates current.

The Issue:

When accessing Calendars in Evolution, the default calendar "Personal"
is unchecked. Checking on the Personal Calendar (default calendar), the
following error message is generated:

"Failed to open calendar 'On This Computer : Personal'

Unable to connect to 'Personal': Message recipient disconnected from
message bus without replying"

Steps to troubleshoot:

 - Uninstalled and then reinstalled Evolution; issue persists

 - tested in new user; issue is not present (i.e., user-specific)

 - In affected user, created a test Calendar and added an event
successfully; quit Evolution, restarted Evolution; test calendar
functions normally and is checked on by default (but not set as the
default calendar).  Test event is availabe.

 - With test calendar functioning normally, check on the Personal
calendar; the following error messages are generated whin this action
is performed:

"The calendar backend servicing 'testcalendar' has quit unexpectedly.

Some of your appointments may not be available until Evolution is
restarted."

"Failed to open calendar 'On This Computer : Personal'

Unable to connect to 'Personal': Message recipient disconnected from
message bus without replying"

If the test calendar is unchecked then rechecked, the following error
messages are created:

"Error creating view for the calendar 'testcalendar'

No such interface 'org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Calendar' on object
at path /org/gnome/evolution/dataserver/Subprocess/2/2"

"The calendar backend servicing 'testcalendar' has quit unexpectedly.

Some of your appointments may not be available until Evolution is
restarted."

 - Restarting Evolution resolves the issue with the test calendar per
the error message instructions, until the Personal Calendar is checked
again; then the above issues with both the test calendar and the
personal calendar appear again.

If the resolution to this issue is to delete the personal calendar, I'd
like to restore the personal calendar data from backup.  However, I am
unaware of where the data for the personal calendar is stored; I found
the following:

https://www.systutorials.com/evolution-save-data-configure-files-linux/
- "Where Does Evolution Save Its Data and Configuration Files on
Linux?"

From the above:

"Evolution stores the user’s data files such as contacts and calendars
under the data files dir

$HOME/.local/share/evolution/

Under the data files dir, you may find directories like calendar,
addressbook and tasks."

I checked this location, and was unable to locate anything related to
the Personal Calendar.  Therefore, I do not know what data to look for
to restore.

If the resolution is something else, I look forward to guidance.

Assistance in resolving ths issue is appreciated.