Re: [Evolution] Evolution Data Server error

Hi Milan,

I launched the following command:

$ WEBDAV_DEBUG=1 evolution &>log.txt

Here is the result:

(evolution:2741): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:04:03.817: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "RegisterClient" with signature "ss" on interface "org.xfce.Session.Manager" doesn't exist

Regards,

GLD

Le lun. 25 nov. 2019 à 12:28, Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org> a écrit :
On Sat, 2019-11-23 at 15:36 +0100, Gian Luca Dequecker via evolution-
list wrote:
> - first File--> Save:
> "Can not create calendar object: Failed to send data (« put »): HTTP
> error code 201 (Created): The server has responded with an HTML page,
> which may mean that an error has occurred on the server or with the
> client request."

        Hi,
your server claims the component had been created, but the Content-Type
of the response claims text/html, which can mean there's a problem,
which the CalDAV backend cannot decipher, thus it claims about it this
way. In fact, the text/html Content-Type might confuse the backend.

Would you mind the file a bug for it, at [1], please?

> - second File--> Save:
> "Unable to change the calendar object: Failed to send data (« put »):
> HTTP error code 412 (Precondition Failed): The server responded with
> an HTML page, which could mean that an error occurred on the server
> or with the client's request"

That was an edit of an existing event, right? It can mean there had
been done changes of the event on the server, thus the local version of
it is outdated. A refresh of the calendar content (in the context menu
of the calendar) and re-try usually helps.

This is already filled as [2].

> Everything works fine with Debian Stretch.

I'm not sure what that means. Does it use newer Evolution, or older, or
the same?

You can see the raw communication between the server and the client
(Evolution), when you use [3].
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/issues/new