Re: [Evolution] Evolution stuck on one mail message

On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 22:44 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 12:42 -0700, Van Snyder wrote:
Sometimes when I open a mail message (i.e., click on it's item in the
summary pane), evolution gets stuck on that message and won't display
another one until I kill evolution. The "close" button doesn't work.
Alt-F4 doesn't work.

I'm using an antique 2.32.3, because I'm not allowed to have the root
password for my computer.

1. How can I cause evolution to give up on displaying a message?

Close the message preview pane (if you are in the mail component). If
you open the message in a separate window then I guess you cannot.

I don't see how to close the message preview pane. All I can do is
shrink it by dragging the bar that divides it from the message text.

2. Alternatively, how can I install evolution in my own
account?

I'm not sure I understand what that means or how it is related.
If you want to compile Evolution from source and install it in a custom
directory: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution#Developer_Resources
Good luck with the dependencies if you are running such a dated system.

I was hoping there's a way to install a binary in my own account. Is
there a statically-linked one that won't ask for stuff that's newer than
the antique OS my computer has?

Cheers,
andre
--