Re: [Evolution] Feature

        Hi,

On Wed, 2020-03-18 at 09:21 +0300, Majed Zouhairy wrote:
yeah, you remind me about the song of the twins: i think after 9
months there is life outside the womb, while you: what are you
claiming? you are crazy, our life is short dark and full of suffering
and ends in here...

Ehm, I never said anything like that. I do not know how you could get
that out of my previous response.

anyway, i spent more than a day trying to install evolution from
source and miserably failed...

Right, it's not easy, that's why I did not suggest it. You could choose
some alternative way. Like, if not possible to update your distribution
to some recent (or even change it to one which ships up to date
software to their users), you can, usually, try things like Flatpak
(the Evolution provided by flathub.org is pretty recent).

.... message sorting,there, takes less than three seconds,

Hmm, I'm confused, is it about message list sorting or filtering of the
incoming messages? The two terms are different for me. You also seem to
compare Thunderbird 68.4.1, thus a recent one, with almost 2 years old
Evolution. Apples and oranges, especially when I told you there landed
improvements in the meanwhile.

and i can select an option to always use high contrast colors, unlike
evolution which adapts the system and senders colors...

I see. Evolution can do it too, in some extent, though some options are
hidden, not in the GUI.

By the way, your message is black background with green text color.
Maybe it works for you, but it looks awkward here [1]. Personal
preference should stay personal preference. Maybe you should reconsider
sending HTML mails, or to force all the recipients read with _your_
preferred colors. Just saying.

so my problem is resolved and the suffering is over a while after

Sure, that's okay. This is the advantage of the Open Source. You've a
freedom of choice. If one software doesn't work for you you can always
pick an alternative to it. I'm happy you found the right solution for
you. Pity it was not Evolution. :)

        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2020-March/msg00099.html