Re: [Evolution] Is there a possibility of placing a NATIVE text translator for Evolution 3.36?

On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 09:11 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
[EXTERNAL SOURCE]

Super simple and easy to set up, but what I miss is an instant email
translator that can change the text language in just one click.

Is there a possibility to incorporate a text translation tool in
Evolution like there is in Thunderbird like the M$ Edge browser text
translator and the S3.Google Translator that worked in the old
Thunderbird versions?

Not natively in Evolution, but there is a Gnome Shell extension [1]
that will translate highlighted/clipboard text with a key press.  I'm
sure there will be similar things for other window managers.

P.

[1]

as followup..

the extension uses https://github.com/soimort/translate-shell, which
could probably be integrated with an editor for inline translation; and
the editor could potentially be utilized as an evolution external
editor. ( i have gvim configured as my default editor by way of the
evolution external editor plugin, i would expect to be able to configure
gvim in such a way that translation to/from would be somewhat
straighforward)

https://github.com/echuraev/translate-shell.vim