[Evolution] Calendar error: Failed to delete resource

Hello all!

My question is about error messages encountered in the Calendar part of evolution:

I frequently get the error

The calendar backend servicing "[calendar name]" encountered an error.

The reported error was “Failed to delete resource: HTTP error code 412 (Precondition failed): Sabre\DAV\Exception\PreconditionFailed
 An If-Match header was specified and the resource did not exist
 If-Match[exception][message][header]”.

Can you help me understand this error message?
How do I track down to source of this error and begin to fix it?

I'm concerned that this error suggests that I will have inconsistencies in my calendars across my devices.

Best wishes
Kai