Re: [Evolution] PGP signing problem with Evolution

On Wed, 2020-06-24 at 21:47 +0200, darius via evolution-list wrote:
By the way, I'm writing this message with Evolution and it suppose to
be signed with the very same signature which can't be verified as
valid by the recipients.

        Hi,
does it claim what failed with the verification on the recipient side,
please? If they use Evolution, then they can click the left-side
button, which shows some information. Of they can run Evolution as this
from a terminal:

    $ CAMEL_DEBUG=gpg evolution

which will print some information about the data being passed to/from
gpg.

I downloaded your key from pgp.mit.edu and right after the import I've
been told, by Evolution, that the signature is valid, but the sender
cannot be verified. Then I set trust on the key in gpg (to ultimate),
which changed the message in Evolution, it says the signature is valid,
but the sender of the message doesn't match the signer address (the
'From' address here is the mailing list, not you).

I use the development version (after 3.37.2 release) of Evolution and
gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.20 with libgcrypt 1.8.5 (taken from `gpg2 --version`).
        Bye,
        Milan