Re: [Evolution] PGP signing problem with Evolution

Hi,

I'm sorry if this reply will not be placed correct. I couldn't find
original mail in my mail box to reply to.

Here is my reply:

The receiver uses Protonmail web mail client, so there is no chance to
test proposed command.

You have actually described the same problem as other recipients have,
so maybe you could test on your own machine why Evolution can't validate
sender?

As I mentioned before, I use the same key, but Mozilla and Evolution
signatures (attached *.asc file) differs. Right now I'm writing from
Mozilla client and you will see that signatures are different, even
though I use the same key. My webmail also sends the same signature.
Webmail and Mozile initiated messages gets always validated at the
receiver side.

Any other ideas? Could you test both signatures?

Here is original mail I'm replying to:
does it claim what failed with the verification on the recipient side,
please? If they use Evolution, then they can click the left-side
button, which shows some information. Of they can run Evolution as this
from a terminal:

    $ CAMEL_DEBUG=gpg evolution

which will print some information about the data being passed to/from
gpg.

I downloaded your key from pgp.mit.edu and right after the import I've
been told, by Evolution, that the signature is valid, but the sender
cannot be verified. Then I set trust on the key in gpg (to ultimate),
which changed the message in Evolution, it says the signature is valid,
but the sender of the message doesn't match the signer address (the
'From' address here is the mailing list, not you).

I use the development version (after 3.37.2 release) of Evolution and
gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.20 with libgcrypt 1.8.5 (taken from `gpg2 --version`).
        Bye,
        Milan

Best regards,
Darius