Re: [Evolution] CSV file will not import.

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 13:07 -0400, johneddie.kerr--- via evolution-list
wrote:
I exported the Contacts to CSV file and then opened the file up in
LibreOffice Calc and after editing I saved it in CSV. I wonder now
if there is something silly happening with the way LibreOffice Calc
saves my CSV file.

        Hi,
supposing Calc writes correct CSV (the separator is a comma, not a
tab), you can use three different CSV import types, depending from
which application you exported the values. The best to import the file
from a command line, like this (you can execute it with evolution
already running):

    $ evolution --import /tmp/file.csv

which will open an import dialog, where you can also see what will be
imported, aka there's a preview of the data as being processed by
respective formats. Pick the format which works the best. I mean, if
you exported the contacts from Evolution, then pick the Evolution
format, not Mozilla, nor Outlook format.
        Bye,
        Milan