[Evolution] CSV file will not import.

Hello everyone
I am using Evolution 3.36.2-0ubuntu1
I exported my Contacts into a CSV file, did some editing and then tried to import the file into a new address book. The information from the file did not load properly. All I got was a series of small rectangles with no information in them.
I also tried it with and without the headers, and a small file of three records.
Any ideas?
Thanks
John Kerr
Guelph, Ontario Canada.

--
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle I no longer despair for the human race." -- H.G. Wells