Re: [Evolution] Full history in reply

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 06:41 +0000, jiri.one via evolution-list wrote:
Hi,

when I reply to email, in the text of email history is just last email from sender, but not the whole
thread / full history of our conversation. Is it possible to set this somewhere or I will need to make
feature request?

There is no email client I am aware of that supports this.

Too many people are in the habit of quoting the entire message when
they reply, and if everyone does this then the result is a complete
trace of the conversation, but that is a consequence of a) Microsoft's
brain-dead decision to promote top-posting in Outlook, contrary to all
previous practice, which was then slavishly followed by other software
including Gmail, and b) users being either too lazy or too incompetent
to trim the material they quote.

This practice is not welcome on mailing lists, which already have the
entire thread archived anyway, so we try to encourage people not to
top-post and to trim their quotes to the relevant part of the message
(very easy to do in Evolution).

poc