Re: [Evolution] search by content

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 10:17 +0200, Wiethoff, Helge via evolution-list
wrote:
since a few days the search does not work for me like it used to:
Before (tm) I could search all mail relatively quickly (~20.000
Mails) with "search by content". Now it remains with "Generating
message list".

        Hi,
I hope it won't sound odd, but let's start with something simple: when
you look at the top, above the message list, it says:

   Show: [ All Messages ]  Search: [ your term ] in [ Current Folder ]

verify that the 'in' part is 'Current Folder'. All the other options
there can mean constructing a search folder and fill it with other
folders, which can, in turn, mean a lot of work. Definitely more than
if searching in the current folder only.

Otherwise things depend on various aspects, like what account type this
is about, whether you are online or offline (because some accounts can
search in message body by asking the server for the response), and so
on. You can also try to run evolution from a terminal, to see whether
it claims any issue there.
        Bye,
        Milan