Re: [Evolution] EWS account fails to create

On Sat, 2020-06-06 at 14:51 -0600, Nathan Schneider wrote:
Strangely, when I tried opening up Evolution today,
the Outlook login window appeared and the account was created. Very
strange.

        Hi,
just a wild guess, but from what you wrote earlier and in this mail I'd
guess you installed evolution-ews, but you did not restart
evolution-data-server background processes, which is needed, with older
versions of it, to load the newly installed modules, thus it knows what
to do with the created account.

So, what you want is:
a) install evolution-ews
b) restart background processes (`evolution --force-shutdown`)
c) continue with the other steps of configuring the account.

As being said, newer evolution-data-server can handle newly installed
modules better, without the need to restart the background processes.
In any case, getting the latest stable version is a good idea, because
there had been done various fixes since 3.30.x (the current stable
series is 3.36.x).
        Bye,
        Milan