Re: [Evolution] Composing in html mode

On Fri, 2020-07-24 at 01:00 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Evolution in particular is integrated with the Gnome system and
expects to be able to communicate with other GTK-based components
which will often not be accessible from within the sandbox.

        Hi,
you are right, though the main concern of the users (as I see it) is
the other direction of the data sharing - the other desktop
applications do not have access to the data user configures in the
Flatpak version of the Evolution. It's due to the way the Flatpak
Evolution is created. It's made as a pure sandbox, with bundled
evolution-data-server, not exposing the data outside of the sandbox,
thus things like GNOME Calendar, GNOME To Do, GNOME Contacts, ... or
even GNOME Shell itself do not know about the
events/tasks/contacts/memos/mails the user sees in the Flatpak
Evolution. This pure sandboxing is needed to have the latest fixes on
both sides, in the Evolution itself and in the backends (evolution-
data-server). The Evolution is just one of the clients of the
evolution-data-server.

That's a rough view, I can go into more details, but I do not think
it's needed.
        Bye,
        Milan