[Evolution] Composing in html mode

I'm using Evolution 3.30.5-1.1 on Debian Buster 10.4.

When I'm composing in html mode, I have experienced a few problems.

If I paste some text from a web page, and it includes paragraphs with blank lines between, the blank lines between the paragraphs disappear.

If I pick up some white space within the message, followed by some text, and paste it, the white space disappears.

If the material I paste from a web page has some non-text stuff in it, sometimes a graphic, sometimes something mysterious, I get a gob of wnite space that I can't delete. Sometimes the white space is between regions of text. Sometimes it's atop text that I can see sticking out around the edges of the white space.

Sometimes after pasting some text, I can't paste any more. Neither by dropping with the middle mouse button, nor by using Ctrl-V. I can type text. Sometimes after typing text, I can paste more, but usually when it stops pasting, it's permanent.

I can paste the text from the clipboard somewhere else, for example into an editor.

I can save as draft and then finish it, but that's not an especially convenient work around.