Re: [Evolution] Query about editing quoted text in Plain Text mode

On Thu, 2020-01-30 at 14:10 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
[EXTERNAL SOURCE]

        Hello,
for the background: WebKitGTK+ deprecated C DOM API few releases back,
thus I'm slowly changing the code to use JavaScript Core API instead.
The preview panel is done for the upcoming 3.36.0 and I'm slowly
fighting with the editor part. There will be some functionality dropped
and some (I hope good) added. I'd like to depend on WebKitGTK+'s
functionality as much as possible, which has its pros and cons.

My current query is:

Is editing of quoted text in the Plain Text mode used?

Yes, I utilize plain text as much as possible - but like Pete Biggs,
nothing complex

additionally

I use gvim 100% of the time as my external editor, so I think that I'm
already working in an environment that matches:

Without it the quote characters would be there, but they will be like
any other text, possible to edit/remove and so on.

so in my case, I don't think I would notice much change.

thanks,
reid