Re: [Evolution] Attachement reject and thumbnail glitch after update

On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 08:56 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
      Hi,

On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 04:25 +0100, U.vi wrote:
- I can't drag and drop anymore attachement, it pop the following:
"Unable to load attachment.
Error obtaining information from the file "/path/to/file": no file
or
folder of this type."
I still CAN use the "add attachement" button.
(This is a french computer)

Welcome in the Flatpak world. Flatpak has many restrictions in
compare
to "natively" installed applications. This is just one of those. You
might need to convince the portal and gtk+ developers to allow drag &
drop of this kind. I suppose the "/path/to/file" looks like a path on
the host system, for example like "/home/user/....", not like
"/run/....", right? The real path on the host system doesn't match
the
path inside the Flatpak sandbox. You can let the Flatpak application
access whole host file system, though the Flatpak developers consider
it a security problem, something against the intention of Flatpak. I
do
not have the exact command handy, I'm sorry, but, if I'm not
mistaken,
it's possible to do it without rebuilding the Flatpak application.

- Evolution thumbnais are replaced by File explorer thumbnail in
alt+tab switcher

Weird, never heard about it. Sounds like a configuration issue on the
host system or in your desktop environment.

Not sure how much of your system you need to open up to Evolution, but
I add this to my startup command: --filesystem=home