Re: [Evolution] Unable to retrieve message

On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 08:43 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 12:06 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
It feels like there is some miss-match of cache syncing policies
between devices -

This.  IMAP clients vary **wildly** in their conformance to both the
protocol requires and best practices.

The default mail clients on both IOS and Android are pretty dumb-simple
in terms of their implementation.

Concurrent access [moving and deleting] will always result in the
occasional "message cannot be retrieved".  It should heal quickly.
Evolution is one of the best IMAP clients around.

Indeed - the messages don't bother me as I sort of know how they arise
and they don't really cause any issues. I wouldn't like to point
fingers, but multiple Evo clients seem to work OK together ...

P.